Bluff Road Physiotherapy utilises Clinical Pilates as part of its 1:1 and Group Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention Exercise Program.
“In ten sessions you will feel the difference, in twenty you will see the difference, and in thirty you will have a whole new body” – Joseph H. Pilates
- Improved posture and core stability
- Increased muscular strength and flexibility
- Prevention of injuries
- Aiding rehabilitation
- Restoration of normal movement patterns
- Enhanced breathing control
- Increased co-ordination and muscular control
- Firmer and flatter stomach muscles
- Improved overall body tone and fitness
- Improved balance
What is Pilates?
Pilates is a form of exercise focusing on movement control incorporating elements of strength and flexibility. The Pilates method of exercise was developed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th Century and has evolved into a worldwide exercise phenomenon because of its therapeutic benefit.
What is Clinical Pilates?
Clinical Pilates is the therapeutic application of Pilates exercises to target your individual needs. Clinical Pilates is used in physiotherapy as a means of treating a variety of injuries, particularly those of the neck, back and shoulder girdle with exercises specific to the individual’s injury and treatment needs.
Recent research and literature validates the use of therapeutic exercise in injury management. Clinical Pilates achieves this perfectly as it focuses on the retraining and recruitment of stabilising musculature (ie. core stability) within a clinical framework.
What do we do?
Our exercise programs are individualised to meet the needs of each of our patients. This includes the following:
- Thorough assessment
- Identify key issues
- Program tailored to your needs
- Apply carefully selected exercises
- Ensure optimal gains and improvement
- Minimise the likelihood of injury aggravation
Exercise Class Sessions
An intimate, supervised environment incorporating floor, reformer and trapeze table exercises in:
- 1:1 sessions, or
- 4:1 group exercise classes
- Includes home based Exercise program utilising Clinical Pilates methodologies.
Trained Qualified Professionals
Our Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention Exercise Program is designed, administered and monitored by a qualified Physiotherapist trained in Clinical Pilates.