Our Women’s Health Physiotherapists are specially qualified and trained to assist you with your women’s health-related concerns by utilising various treatment modalities. As part of your treatment process, each patient will receive:
- Assessment of symptoms and condition
- Appropriate treatment
What Sorts of Treatments Do We Use?
Your physiotherapist will work in consultation with you to select an appropriate treatment method, taking into account your symptoms, lifestyle, activity level, general health, and treatment needs. These include, but are not limited to:
- Education and Advice
- Exercise Programs
- Joint Mobilisation
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Assistance via aids and products
- Clinical Pilates
- Referral to Specialists as Appropriate
- Hands-on Therapy
What do we treat?
- Pregnancy related conditions such as pelvic girdle pain
- Breastfeeding related conditions such as blocked ducts or mastitis
- Postnatal care and advice
- Postnatal rectus diastasis management
- Vaginal prolapse
- General pelvic floor strengthening
- Management of perineal trauma related to childbirth
- Exercise prescription pre and postnatally
- Pre and post gynaecological surgery care and advice
Women’s Health Physiotherapists:
Qianer completed her Bachelor of Physiotherapy at Melbourne University in 2009 and has practised in both private clinic and orthopaedic hospital settings. She has had postgraduate training in Dry Needling and extensive experience using Clinical Pilates for the management of musculoskeletal & spinal conditions. She has experience in providing post operative rehabilitation and treatment for a variety of chronic and sports related injuries.
Qianer also has a special interest in women’s health physiotherapy and has undergone further professional training in this area.
Qianer has three young children and enjoys movies, food, and spending time with her family.
Areas of Specialisation:
Pre/Post Natal Conditions
Bluff Road Physiotherapy now offers Pre and Postnatal Clinical Pilates