DorsaVi is used to assess lower back movement in the clinic and at home and work. It is used by our physiotherapists to provide live training and real-time feedback to you to help you modify and re-train movements.
DorsaVi technology enables:
- Real-time feedback about lower back pain, leg symmetry & muscle loading
- Quick identification of your areas of risk
- Development of strategies to address these risks
- Potential reduction in your reliance on pain medication
- Back surgery being avoided in some cases
How Does DorsaVi Work?
DorsaVi consists of:
- Two wireless movement sensors (MDMs),
- Two wireless electromyography (EMG) sensors (MDEs)
- Disposable applicators (Daps)
- A recording and feedback device (RFD)
- LIVE software package
The powerful LIVE software package allows data from the sensors to be stored in a database and in real-time analyse your movement and muscle activity over
- a short period of time (in-clinic assessment) or
- a day (24 hour home/work monitoring)
DorsaVi has been developed in Melbourne and it has been validated in a clinical trial managed by Austin Health.